Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Scrap it with a Song: I Hope You Dance

This weeks song at Scrap It With a Song is I hope you dance by Lee Ann Womack. I wanted to go a completely different way with this song like I do everything else but I kept getting pulled to this picture of Gavin when he was about 7 or 8 months old at Myrtle Beach. I think this picture is amazing of Gavin.

I used this weeks sketch from Sketches {by Tamara}. If you haven't checked her blog out you definitely should. I get a ton of inspiration there.



Details:

Background paper is from paper house productions-Pierre Auguste Renoir's Seascape from Micheal's

Flowers are made from K&Company-viola vita from Micheal's

All other paper is from my scrap pile

The flowers are from a 2 1/4 scallop punch

Font is from A Childs Year

Flourish is cut from Home Decor

I used fiskars zingz on the flourish- I got them from Big Lots for a dollar

I white penned the phrase from the song "I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean" using American Crafts The Ultimate Gel Pen

This layout also qualifies for:

Sir Stampalot: Punches
Cupcake Craft Challenges: Summer Delights
Charisma Cardz: Flowers

14 comments:

  1. OMgosh that paper is beautiful!!!! Love the LO....such a sweet, sweet photo! I really wanted to do an offbeat layout too but , like you, I saw the photo and it kinda scrapped itself :) Great job and thanks for playing along with Scrap It With A Song this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i love that background!! thanks for playing along this week at Scrap It With a Song :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there

    A lovely l/o, such wonderful DP, picture and all the elements which work together beautifully.

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Your layout is really beautiful ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout,Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this is so beautiful - gorgeous picture!

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool page. thanks for playing with us at scrap it with a song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice L/O , the colours are brilliant
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck!.

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful l/o. I love the papers that co-ordinate so well with the photograph.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Thanks for joining us at Scrap It With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  11. truly awesome
    thank you singing along with us at Scrap it with a Song this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. a beautiful layout and a gorgeous photo too

    Thanks so much for joining in our Summer theme at Cupcake
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Get your own free Blogoversary button!